 Technic / 5086
Re: Bionicle going away?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 23:01:53 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Hansen writes:

I say, "well done, TLC".  How people can say that a set with

1) Technic gears
2) Technic cross axles
3) Technic friction pegs
4) Technic bushings
5) Technic angle connectors
6) Technic catches

is not a Technic set is beyond me.  About the only Technic thing the
Bionicle sets don't have is square beams and wheels.

John Hansen

<set:7191> has:
numerous technic gears: 8t, 16t, 24t, 12t beveled
technic cross axles: in various lengths and colors
technic friction pegs (including #3 friction peg)
technic bushings (both regular and 1/2 wide)
technic catches

plus

many many technic beams in all sizes, colors and shapes
technic axle connectors
worm gears
technic gear box
technic axle with peg at the end
many tehnic half pins with stud
variois kinds of studless bent beams
the special technic gear that as far as I know appears only in <set:8479> and
in this set
rounded plates with axle hole
wheels for threads

well, you get the picture, I got tired of listing other pieces that are
considered 'Technic'.

And yet, I'm sure no one thinks it's a 'Technic' set. Thats because it's main
point is not the Technic part (or it's functions) but other things (looks, I
guess).

How people can say that a line whose main point is computer games and
collecting masks is 'Technic' is beyond me.

- David