 Technic / *18901 (-100)
  Re: Removing battery box current limiter

(...) I agree with your warning... nonetheless the motor has its own current limiter. eg. for the buggy motor it's the rectangular yellow component that can be seen bottom right of this image: (URL) (16 years ago, 19-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Removing battery box current limiter

I've tried to overcome the current limiter inside PF battery box to provide enough juice for buggy motors (my car has two). Follow this picture: (URL) bridge the R2 resistor (as indicated by red line) with a piece of wire. Be careful with modified (...) (16 years ago, 18-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer?

(...) You've got mail. I'll try to contact the author and see if we can upload the prog at LDraw or somewhere else. Bye, w. (16 years ago, 16-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Mesh Enhancer?

Hello All, I'm just getting started in rendering with POV-Ray. You can see my first attempt at the URL below. I attempted to replicate the look of the (URL) McLaren MP-42> Formula One car using the 8458 Silver Champion model. I got the colors and (...) (16 years ago, 16-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Bloobit Mecha

Hello Eric, so this month is a very cheerfull one for the Mecha community. It started with marks awesome comeback and now you also state that you are still building too! (...) I really love your Bloobit. It incorporates everything I like on your (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New Holland LS150 Skid Steer Loader

(...) Yep, I pulled the bulldozer apart for the motors, transmitters etc. I'm putting in my Christmas order for a Technic set with some PF linear actuators, just to see what they are like. I would really like to see TLG come up with a PF (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: Bloobit Mecha

(URL) Bloobit Mecha Gallery> ==== New member of the Biomechanical Bricks family! Completed November 2008. Brother to the (URL) Grelnix>, 18 pounds 36 inches tall. Started summer of 2008. (URL) Features: • Two pilots, (URL) 1 in the head> and (URL) 1 (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: Neat marketing tip for Technic sets?

(...) Interesting! I enjoy creating alternate models and instructions. I can't speak for TLG, but I will say that good things are in store for alternate model fans and frugal LEGO gift shoppers. Jim (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Neat marketing tip for Technic sets?

We all know how TLG always includes instructions to build two different main models in their Technic range. How about if they don't tell people what the secondary model is on the box? IOW, you would only find out what the second model was after you (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Holland LS150 Skid Steer Loader

(...) I think that this is fabulous. I am sure you and your son had a blast making this. It is really well made, and i do not notice any jerky control. I bet your son will make his own incredible creations as he grows up. Did you get the motors off (...) (16 years ago, 13-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical relay

(...) it'll go to neutral and reverse eventually. You need to turn it just a little to engage it. (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical relay

Nice Idea, I suppose these might work also: (URL) (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  New Holland LS150 Skid Steer Loader

I have just completed my skidsteer loader. I'm really pleased with it. Driven by 2 XL motors, lift uses 1 M motor and tip uses 1 M motor. It is very powerful and nicely balanced: to the rear when unloaded, and to the front when loaded. I was able to (...) (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Mechanical relay

Hi, recently i've participated in the Technic Indoor Racing competition. Cars were controlled using PF IR remotes. I decided to use buggy motors for my car, but the current limiter inside the IR receiver made this almost impossible (the limit is (...) (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Tower Crane

I really enjoyed reading about how you made this. Good read. Impressive build. Thanks! (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) That's very clever. (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) Use the 12 tooth and the 20 tooth bevel gears together, like this (URL) Walter (16 years ago, 1-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Tower Crane

(...) I mean "with pins", not "with studs"... Philo (16 years ago, 2-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Tower Crane

A truly amazing MOC! I tried in the past to build studless truss - and I failed to get something stiff enough. Fortunately it seems that the new beam and L-shape beams with studs help a lot! Congratulations! Philo (16 years ago, 2-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  MOC: Tower Crane

I have recently finished a Technic Tower Crane with Power Functions. (URL) As with most of my Technic I was aiming for functionality rather than aesthetics, and I think after many hours tinkering I have achieved a successful Model. It stands at just (...) (16 years ago, 2-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: New MOC - Dump truck

(...) Sorry, that should read 'between 25 and 47'. (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC - Dump truck

(...) Hello all again. It has been brought to my attention that the folder I pointed to above has not yet been moderated (thanks Parax for the headsup!). Here, then, are some deep links: (URL) you can probably tell, the files are not named (...) (16 years ago, 31-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

Thank you very much for the flash back into time. I grew up on Technic / Expert Builder, but have stored it all away. Very exciting to see it again! Great work! Thanks, Scott (16 years ago, 17-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) Fantastic news! I'm really glad you're still going with this :-) (16 years ago, 17-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) Always appreciated when it arrives! Philo (16 years ago, 17-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Three metres long heavy beam transport

(...) The pictures in my post disappeared unfortunately (another webserver). But in a meanwhile I changed something to give it a new look. Actually it is a new model but this time it didn't took me two years to build it. Two months were enough. (...) (16 years ago, 16-Oct-08, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

At long last, I have completed the year 1990 and added it to (URL) Technicopedia>. Sets 8064, 8094, 8825, 8830, 8840, and 8850 have been added. It has been 7 months since the last update. (URL) Eric Albrecht (16 years ago, 16-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) The (URL) 10178 Motorized Walking AT-AT> set uses them to drive the legs because a lot of torque is needed to move all that weight -- you can hear the motor straining with every step. (16 years ago, 15-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: How can I align something to this angle?

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:K8H6pK.oGs@lugnet.com... (...) LEGO Factory palette currently available through LDD. I build a lot of virtual stuff in that program because it's the most user-friendly program I've found for (...) (16 years ago, 10-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How can I align something to this angle?

(...) There are several possibilities (45° angle between their long axis? Between their short axis?), but note that by using pieces that slide along axles you can get any spacing (and therefore any angle). Here's a really simple example (Deeplink): (...) (16 years ago, 9-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How can I align something to this angle?

(...) [LDrawPart 924] Gives you exactly 45 degrees, only 1 stud wide, pretty strong, and a bit of flexibility. Using 3/4 pins and liftarms you should be able to attach it to beams and keep it all inside 2 studs wide. ROSCO (16 years ago, 9-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  How can I align something to this angle?

I need to align a technic brick as close as possible to 45 degrees as the part geometry and physical limitations would allow it. I've studied some probable solutions and can come close with ordinary technic bricks and plates in between, but I'm (...) (16 years ago, 8-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) I have not yet broken them... But the best point is they don't slip, as slipping cause excessive wear of gears. For example the first version of my killer dozers ((URL) used the 12 double bevel gear but after playing some time gears kept on (...) (16 years ago, 7-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) I hadn't even thought about it. I can use the wheels. Are they build much stronger than the bevel gears? That is a very good idea. Thank you! Adam (16 years ago, 6-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Concept car

(...) See (URL) ;o) Philo (16 years ago, 6-Oct-08, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Concept car

(...) So it means you were a TECHNIC designer at TLG? Didn't know about. (16 years ago, 6-Oct-08, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) Yes! These are the right "gears" for high demanding torque applications. Specially just in front of motors where usually the torque is higher for common designs. (16 years ago, 6-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) Would you have room enough to use the knob wheel ((URL) This one doesn't slip or break... Philo (16 years ago, 6-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) The case/holder that breaks the gears is this one. (URL) project is to try to make A Deere 318, using the power functions medium motor. I have a 9x gear reduction after the motor, before my home made case, which allows the bevel gears to (...) (16 years ago, 5-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOC - Dump truck

Hello all. After almost a year (on and off) of design and construction, I feel that I am ready to share my latest creation. Read all about it here: (URL) see the pictures here: (URL) short, I've built a dump truck that uses three motors to control (...) (16 years ago, 5-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) The 12-tooth bevel gears are not very strong to begin with. If your gears are snapping then maybe you could try using the 12-tooth double bevel gears. (URL) can build a fairly strong housing for these gears by using 4 of this part (URL) to (...) (16 years ago, 4-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 12 Tooth bevel gear case

(...) You mean this one? (URL) never had a problem using that, but I've never tried transmitting a lot of torque through 12t bevel gears either. If that fails, maybe you could try (URL) or (URL) luck ROSCO (16 years ago, 3-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  12 Tooth bevel gear case

I am having the hardest time coming up with a gearbox that allows a 90 degree turn using the 12 tooth bevel gears or conical wheels. Every time i try to make one, the gears skip, or simply snap. Does anybody have a small, simple, home made version (...) (16 years ago, 2-Oct-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Concept car

(...) Thanks! (...) The driving rings have nothing to do with the engine, which is a separate unit and can be placed either in the front or back, just like with the 8448. The driving rings are there to change to front wheel or rear wheel drive, but (...) (16 years ago, 30-Sep-08, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Concept car

(...) It's nice to know that the new parts are there, but so far I have no plans for an Ldraw model. It would take me quite some time, especially with all those weird angles that you get in many Technic models. Nate (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Concept car

Awesome. Even though it has pins of blue, i'd buy one... or two. Steve. (16 years ago, 30-Sep-08, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Adder-substractor module with the new 3L differential

(...) Yeah! Why shouldn't it work?... Specially after seeing it done... ;D At least it make me to better realize how it works. When it comes to differentials, it is always better to try than trying to figure out how it behaves. (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Concept car

Fabulous work!!! From the bottom I see two driving rings near the front and rear differentials. These are used to tweak the motor assemble position and the front/rear drive options. Correct!? Something more for my TechnicBRICKs posting queue... :-) (...) (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Concept car

(...) Awesome! What about a LDraw model? I just finished the new differential and wishbone ;o) (URL) (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Concept car

Hi! Finally after more than a month, I think it's time to present the result of this project: (URL) It probably has some similarities with the 8448 car, but it's executed in the nowadays technic style with new elements like the differential and (...) (16 years ago, 28-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Adder-substractor module with the new 3L differential

I read somewhere that the new differential was not good to build an adder-substractor... so I was forced to try! Here is the result: (URL) movie: (URL) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Crane...

(...) No load tests as of yet. I just got back from BrickFair. (URL) assembled it inside for the first time. I have built the first part of the spreader, which can be seen here: (URL) still have a bit of work left to do in order for it to be (...) (16 years ago, 2-Sep-08, to lugnet.technic)

  PnP, an NXT-based "industrial" robot

OK, I had to post this in rtl because I confess the main inspiration for this was watching Ian's amazing LEGO industrial P&P automations over the years. This isn't nearly as fast as his, but it's the first time I've captured a motion I really like, (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: New Crane...

(...) You don't have to use Technic models you know, I use house bricks with a sling made from shoe laces. :-) (16 years ago, 28-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Crane...

(...) Hey Alvin - now that you have completed your Terex-Demag CC-8800-1 3,200 ton crane, have you tested it with any loads yet? If you don't have 2 or 3 UCS Tie Interceptors handy, I guess you try using a couple of the largest Technic sets you have (...) (16 years ago, 28-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Absolutely! We're whittling away at the bugs, but things get consistently better. However much you want the new code, I want you to have the new code more, but I want the new code to have better quality than the old code. If you're getting (...) (16 years ago, 28-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Hi Kevin, Any chance for a new beta with all those new features for the rest of us who didn't manage to compile the sources? Philo (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Jim has the advantage because he can build his own Mac version of LPub4 from sourceforge sources. His (and my) version have the fix for anything "callout" related being put inside the callout. Some things go in the callout, and others go in (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) I believe that's true. The CVS logs suggest I added support for the "Unofficial" directory in ldglite last April, but never managed to release the new executables on the website. (Gotta do that now that it's no longer so unbearably hot in the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) For what it's worth, I use unofficial parts stored in an "Unofficial" directory in most of my models, and that hasn't caused any trouble with the instructions I've created with LPub 4. I use LDView as a renderer. Jim (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Fair enough! To be honest I haven't tried LPub 4.0 yet but I presumed it supports unonfficials by now: (URL) w. (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) I believe that LPub already supports it. However, I don't think ldglite does, so it might only work if LDView is the renderer. --Travis (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Crane...

(...) Rain seams to be a pain for everyone recently. Especially me. Your crane looks amazing. I still haven't made any progress with my own crane. It's no wonder you needed extra ballast with all that weight sticking out the front. I'll look out for (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) This MPD file contains all needed unofficial parts: (URL) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) How do you make this directory structure work with LPub? (sorry, I do the _bad_ thing and put all my unofficial files in my default LDraw parts folder...) Philo (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Search is over: (URL) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) And exactly how should LEGO CAD programs work? Like you want them to? Or like the programmers, who in most cases does it for nothing, want them to? I get a headache every time someone complains about this, and I bet Travis (you know, the guy (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Philippe I cannot use this file without the unofficial parts included in it. I haven't seen a part update on ldraw.org in a long while, seems they're still sorting out the whole authoring agreement at the moment. If you can figure out my email (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

Hi Mike (and everybody) (...) The file is now available here: (URL) that: - unofficial parts are not embedded in this file. - It is scaled for LDGlite rendering. You have to scale assembly and parts size down for LDView rendering. Philo (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Crane...

(...) Well, It still is raining, so I had to try to lift the boom inside...Man what a strain this caused!!! She made it off the floor with a bit of added weight on the back :) (URL) pictures of the final version will be posted next week after (...) (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) That's great. I will use it for sure. mikeheide (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Sure. In fact I had intended to make a small tutorial once that bug is fixed. Since there is interest now I will be sure to do so. Jim (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

Philo, Jim, I'd love to see an article at LDraw.org about your experiences or even better a tutorial with tips and trick on LPub 4.0 and about making building instructions in general. Doable? w. (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Well - I try to do that, but often forget... and looking at the generated instructions, I often see areas where things would be easier to follow when done another way (eg small assembly callouts you mentionned). (...) The file is on another (...) (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

These dozers look like a lot of fun, Philo! I especially like that you managed to build them as alternate models. A great model to share with instructions. (...) It sure does! Good point - including steps is an important step for making (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) It would be interesting for me to see the mpd file that was used to create that awaresome building instruction. I am yet not familar with LPub4 to get such results. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) I ran my VB program and came up with the following: 7 x 20:36 7 x 16:24 which produces an error of 0.991 meters per kilometer. Of course, packaging that many gears is probably a bit challenging ... but I'll bet you can do it ;) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Win a MINDSTORMS NXT set at Brickfair

This year at BrickFair, a grand prize of a MINDSTORMS NXT set will be awarded to one lucky person. But, instead of the grand prize simply being awarded to the winner of any event, everyone who enters any of the three MINDSTORMS events will be (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(URL) To further test LPub 4, I have created (URL) instructions> for my (URL) Killer Dozers>. Once you have correctly added steps to your models (that remains a lenthy process to get a really buildable thing), LPub 4 makes instructions creation and (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Beats a system based entirely on units of toes ! Steve (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Don't you mean those who reverted back to the stone age? I mean, the metric system is based entirely on being able to calculate stuff using your fingers, where the Imperial System requires better multiplication skills than your average monkey (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

Nice box ! I ran most ratios through a pathetic microsoft product to derive a comparible metric read-out for those that made the transition from the stone age. put simply: 1 1:12 3 20:36 1 16:24 produces 1:104.9 at 95.5mm per rotation or for every (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) I'd love to see what you come up with! however I fear Philo may be right about it being too large. Your mechanism is shorter at 3 studs (2 cogs and a support) my chain precession drive is 4 studs long. Also the precession mechanism needs 9 (...) (16 years ago, 9-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) True, but then you're losing the count on some of the distance traveled. I thought of a better option to all of this, though. I can't remember who it was, but someone (don't even ask me to remember who, or where to find this) came up with a (...) (16 years ago, 9-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

This would make a nice article for RailBricks and possibly with some instructions. M (16 years ago, 9-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) First off, "wow!" A great idea, what sounds to be a very thorough design (and documentation), and an aesthetically pleasing package. A few thoughts, suggestions, and so forth. First, while the videos are impressive, I wonder if the performance (...) (16 years ago, 9-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Well, if a real train hits curves in any manner similar to how a LEGO train does, then the inside wheel will probably lift up enough to at least slip on the rail, which would result in that very effect. On the plus side, as it loses power, it (...) (16 years ago, 7-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOdometer

Hey Shaun, That's so freakin' crazy awesome insane mega uber brainy bada**! I tip my Acme Brain Massager to you, sir! Dave S. (16 years ago, 7-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Great work sir! You had me at the counter mechanism, but making it a train car, wow! Cheers DRS (16 years ago, 7-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) A differential might have other problems. I seem to recall that use of differentials was explored in geared locomotives (such as Shay, Climax, and Heisler), and was abandoned because the differential caused power loss in curves. (reference (...) (16 years ago, 7-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Yep, I heard about that a couple of months ago ... I'm looking forward to it and plan on being there. It'll be great to participate in a show that also has lots of representation from clubs outside of New England! (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) That's something I hadn't considered. Fortunately, unless it's run backwards for a long time, it probably won't be an issue. It takes a good while to take up the lash in all of the gears in the opposite direction; the overall gear reduction is (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

Shaun, OK, I'm not a train guy and or even a moderately skilled Technic guy, but it's easy to see that this is officially ridiculously awesome. I've become interested in incorporating Technic functionality into minifig scale MOCs, but I don't think (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) It would certainly help my slow mind ;o) Though I think I got it through your explainations. (...) Very elegant and parts savvy, but I am not sure it would provide a design as compact as yours. (...) Sorry to disturb you ;o) Philo (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) --snip (as is my own tendency ;) )-- Wow. I imagine if I had a clue how to build technic there'd be a few more wows but you can tattoo me impressed as is. Tim (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Interesting. I thought this might be interesting to use in our displays...until I read that it binds up in reverse. When we lose a car for whatever reason (often some young kid's hand straying where it ought not to), we usually recouple by (...) (16 years ago, 5-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

A nice explanation and reading. A better MOC. Also intend to return later and read it more carefully. It is extensive, to get everything at first. ;) (16 years ago, 5-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

Shaun, Impressive work, both in construction and the write up! Welcome back to the fold of trains (at least for a little bit)...did you know that the next National Train show (that ILTCO has been particpating heavily since 2005) will be in Hartford (...) (16 years ago, 5-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Your "LEGOdometer" is amazing! I especially liked hearing about the design process and the fact that the final product is purely mechanical. I'd never be able to design something like this... -Bryan (16 years ago, 5-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Tom Atkinson pointed out that same thing ... it's something that never even struck me while I was working on it. The irony just makes it all the more ridiculous, in a fun way! (16 years ago, 5-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact