 Technic / 16500
Re: New Holland LS150 Skid Steer Loader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:41:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Adam Alper wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Mervyn Tomb wrote:
I have just completed my skidsteer loader.
I'm really pleased with it.
Driven by 2 XL motors, lift uses 1 M motor and tip uses 1 M motor.
It is very powerful and nicely balanced: to the rear when unloaded, and to the
front when loaded. I was able to fit the battery box nicely into the cab and is
easily removed.
Worm gears drive the boom lift axle through a gear rack in the rear of the cab.
Tip is via a shaft up the left boom to a worm and gear.
The gear arrangement is simple and effective. If I was doing it again I would
gear the motors down a little more as the lack of speed control on the
transmitter remote causes the loader to move a little jerky at the start.
It was a very quick build from a scale drawing which I had.
It is great fun for me and my five year old son.

Images can be viewed at:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=351748>

Video:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ20OpvZvjo>

Let me know what you think. Mervyn Tomb

I think that this is fabulous.  I am sure you and your son had a blast making
this.  It is really well made, and i do not notice any jerky control.  I bet
your son will make his own incredible creations as he grows up.

Did you get the motors off of the bulldozer?

I, too, have tried to make a skid steer; of course i do not have many correctly
colored parts.  I used pneumatics instead.

Adam

Yep, I pulled the bulldozer apart for the motors, transmitters etc. I'm putting
in my Christmas order for a Technic set with some PF linear actuators, just to
see what they are like.
I would really like to see TLG come up with a PF electric/pnuematic valve, so
that we could remotely work the pnuematics. Any improvisations that I have seen
take up a bit of space.
The skidsteer is not far of Bruder model scale, so my son and I have been
filling the skidsteer with pony beads from tipper trucks. Great fun.

BTW where can your skidsteer be viewed?

Thanks for your comments
Mervyn Tomb