 Technic / 16493
16492  |  16494
Subject:
New Holland LS150 Skid Steer Loader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:40:35 GMT

I have just completed my skidsteer loader.
I'm really pleased with it.
Driven by 2 XL motors, lift uses 1 M motor and tip uses 1 M motor.
It is very powerful and nicely balanced: to the rear when unloaded, and to the
front when loaded. I was able to fit the battery box nicely into the cab and is
easily removed.
Worm gears drive the boom lift axle through a gear rack in the rear of the cab.
Tip is via a shaft up the left boom to a worm and gear.
The gear arrangement is simple and effective. If I was doing it again I would
gear the motors down a little more as the lack of speed control on the
transmitter remote causes the loader to move a little jerky at the start.
It was a very quick build from a scale drawing which I had.
It is great fun for me and my five year old son.

Images can be viewed at:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=351748>

Video:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ20OpvZvjo>