 Star Wars / 4045
4044  |  4046
Subject:
Who is the Rebellion supposed to fight?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:40:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Carter writes:

Hey everyone, over at rebelscum.com they have some new pictures up.  The A-
wing, B-wing set(looks pretty cool), Flash Speeder, Kaadus, Slave 1, and the
Tatooine Skiff.  The Skiff set looks really small, maybe its just me.  It
seems all the sets showen look small.  Just wanted to let everyone know!!

Just took a look at the new sets... the Slave 1 is starting to
grow on me now that I've had a second look.  The other ships
look fine too... it's about what I expected.
but I just have one big qualm with the new sets...
NO EMPIRE.
Granted, we now have Boba Fett... and he's great...
but he's just a bounty hunter.
Hopefully there are new sets that haven't been shown yet,
but if there are none... then that means in 2 years of
Star Wars Lego we have no Stormtroopers, no ATST, no TIE
fighter (other than Darth's), no Empire goons like Veers,
Moff Tarkin, the Emperor, Royal Guards, "Sand" Troopers,
not even a probe droid.

They could at least put a few Stormtroopers in the Rebel
set to fight like they did with the Fed-Droids in the Naboo
ship. How about a playset with characters from both sides...
like Hoth Invasion or Carbon Freezing Chamber.
maybe the rumors of a Fig-pack are true... if Empire figs
are in it it will fly off the shelves. What I'd love to
see (but I know it won't happen) is multiple minifig packs
based on alliegence (Rebel, Empire, Droid, Bounty Hunter,
Aliens, etc...

The first year was done rather well, I just hope the second
is going to be better than it looks right now.  The sets they
have are fine but without the Empire, a major part of
Star Wars is missing.

<pointless conjecture mode>

Using the Lego standard price method for set sizes,
here are my guesses for prices:

??? ($5)
Tatooine Skiff ($10)
A-Wing ($15)
??? ($20)
Slave 1 ($30?)
B-Wing/Rebel Center ($50?)
??? ($60-$80)
Rumored Falcon very likely ($100+)

hopefully the holes will have some Empire in them.

$5 would be perfect for a probe droid/SnowTrooper,
a SandTrooper with Dewback, or a minifig pack.

$20 would be the perfect price for a standard
TIE fighter. However that would mean a TIE pilot
fig and not neccessarily a standard Stormtrooper.
Oh well, I'm patient.  They'll make it eventually.

$60-$80 is just a guess... they don't make a set
this size when they have a $100 set, but I can hope
the popularity of the Star Wars Lego line lets them
splurge a little. It would make an AWESOME Deathstar
scene (Emperor's Throne Room would rock) or Cantina (!!!)
of course I doubt a Cantina is nowhere near happening
next year.

</pointless conjecture mode>

anybody else?

Joel Kuester