 Star Wars / 4036
Re: New Pictures of 2000 SW sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:11:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Lannan writes:
Hi all,
   This is my first post though I've been reading for a while. I have to say
that all of these sets look ok, but they are dissapointing compared to the
original SW Classic sets. IMHO, the episode 1 sets were good as well, but not
as good as the first sets.
   My two cents on the Falcon- I predict 2-2.5 times the brick count of the
Gungan sub to get the price around $100. A cockpit that fits two(I hope for 4
seats at least, but it'll probably be two) and one room in the back. I'm
thinking "Lego does Kenner's Falcon" here. think "playability"

Chris

After seeing these models, I am absolutely dreading seeing what kind of a
butchering job they are going to do on the Falcon.

Jason F.

I have to agree that there is reason to be concerned about the Falcon.  My
prediction: great pieces, severely under-scaled.  I don't think that it is
possible to do the Falcon justice (Minifig scale) with less than a thousand
pieces, but, considering that Lego is producing some new sets (the new Super
Car, the Bar Code Truck, and the Space Shuttle, etc.) in the 1200 to 1400 piece
range, maybe this bad boy will approach 1500 pieces, although I am skeptical
that TLG would put out anything in the SW line that costs more than about
$139.00.  If TLG is willing to go all out, the Falcon could become the flagship
of the entire line.

James "If this is a consular ship, then where is the ambassador?" Simpson