 Star Wars / 4031
Re: New Pictures of 2000 SW sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:49:25 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Carter writes:

Hey everyone, over at rebelscum.com they have some new pictures up.  The A-
wing, B-wing set(looks pretty cool), Flash Speeder, Kaadus, Slave 1, and the
Tatooine Skiff.  The Skiff set looks really small, maybe its just me.  It
seems all the sets showen look small.  Just wanted to let everyone know!!

Jason Carter

Hmm... I'm kinda dissapointed, overall.  Let's look at each one individually.
Pices in perenthesis are my estimates.

7134 A-Wing($19.99):
Bad - Too Small, the use of blue and dark gray screws up a nice color scheme,
canopy that tilts up, chunky rear stabilizers, landing gear.
Good - Good pieces, a mechanic in a cheap set, green jumpsuit on pilot,
possible chrome helmet, red cylinder blocks, turreted cannons, black 4L bars.
Overall: Decent, but dissappointed

7180 B-Wing ($49.99):
Bad - Wing-tip gun emplacements are pretty ugly, main wing too thin, the engine
block is a storage compartment(!?), too much blue and white in control center,
B-Wing is kinda ugly.
Good - Non-R2D2 Droid, white chair, gray 1x3 arches, lots of tiles and plates,
orange 2x2 cylinder tiles, New pilot, sliding doors
Overall: Decent, but dissappointed

7124 Flash Speeder ($14.99):
Bad - Not enough green?  ;)
Good - Lots of Green!!, Brown chairs, 3x6 Windscreen, Minifig looks pretty
good, lots of round-topped bricks.
Overall: Very Good, Impressed, and I plan on getting a lot of these.

7115 The Gungan Patrol ($9.99):
Bad - I have no idea what that thing the Kaadu is pulling is.  Seems somewhat
pointless.
Good - The Kaadus will make good Dinosaurs, Chocobos, or just a wierd
beast-of-burden in a Castle setting.  New shield, 2 Beige 8x8 radar dishes,
two new Gungan torsos.
Overall: Good, Somewhat Impressed, and I plan on getting a lot of these.

7104 Desert Skiff ($5.99):
Bad - A tad on the small side, another Luke, no Boba Fett, no other minifigs.
Good - Brown Pieces, Han Solo.
Overall: Good, Somewhat Impressed, and I plan on getting a lot of these.

7144 Boba Fett's Slave 1 ($29.99):
Bad - Too Small, Han in Carbonite brick sucks, appears that Boba Fett has no
control panel for his ship.
Good - Good Pieces, Green and brown slopes, Boba Fett Minifig looks really
cool, New Trans-Dark Gray Canopies, wings seem adjustable, good looking design.
Overall: Very Good, Impressed, and I plan on getting a bunch of these.

Well, there ya go, my opinions.  Feel free to disagree, but be prepared to face
the wrath of the Virtual Wiffle Bat(TM)!  :)

Jeff
"Prepare for the fight scene!"