 Star Wars / 4029
Re: New Pictures of 2000 SW sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:41:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Lannan writes:
Hi all,
   This is my first post though I've been reading for a while. I have to say
that all of these sets look ok, but they are dissapointing compared to the
original SW Classic sets. IMHO, the episode 1 sets were good as well, but not
as good as the first sets.
   My two cents on the Falcon- I predict 2-2.5 times the brick count of the
Gungan sub to get the price around $100. A cockpit that fits two(I hope for 4
seats at least, but it'll probably be two) and one room in the back. I'm
thinking "Lego does Kenner's Falcon" here. think "playability"

Chris

After seeing these models, I am absolutely dreading seeing what kind of a
butchering job they are going to do on the Falcon.  Where is the mid sized
model we are always used to.  Nothing is really bigger than the Xwing kit.  I
am hoping something good is missing besides the MF.  If the list is true, we
should see a MMT which I hope comes with a ton of battle droids and an AAT
tank.  Maybe a two piece package?  I kind of like the little A-wing.  They got
the basic shape down into a little kit about 100 pieces.  About 250 for the
Slave 1, 75 for the Speeder and 40 for the Kaadus and Skiff. 220 for the
Bwing.  Those are my guesses.  Seems like I won't even have to break a hundred
to purchase all these in one lump sum.  Guess I can always fall back on the
Destroyer Droid Technic set.  I can't believe they did a Flash Speeder.  That
thing had so little viewing time.  Its like they are running out of ideas or
something.  I guess all these rebel vehicles are going to have to dog fight
each other for a while until we see some TIE fighters and Storm Troopers.

Jason F.

"***CHOKE-CHOKE*** sorry, Jar Jar went down the wrong pipe there for a 'sec."