 Space / 7476
Re: Where's all that gravity coming from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:57:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
I don't believe that gravity generators will ever be a viable
technology.

Yeah, that may be so. I can imagine artificial gravity being created by an
electromagnetic field but it that takes lot's of energy and creates radiation.

However, since humans seem to function better with at least some exposure to >gravity, that needs to be provided in some way.

Yes, or else space fellars will get muscle atrophy.

<snipped lots of good tech stuff>

You offered a lot of great points. It is hard to get a functional cylinder
shape for minifig scal. You could kind of fudge it with the UFO saucer
pieces making a full circle and mounted sideways? The new click hinges are
great for octagons, too.

Dan