 Space / 7465
Re: Where's all that gravity coming from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:36:28 GMT

To build a centrifuge you need to make a large (at least 30 studs in
diameter at minifig scale, I would say) ring.  And it has to be
airtight of course.  I don't know of any way to do this using the
tools we have at our disposal, though I'd love to hear ideas.

You don't need a ring- you can have an arm of arbitrary length with a
compartment at the end.  And you can have as many compartments as you want,
as long as the center of gravity is at the axis.  I believe that there was a
ship with this sort of design in 2010: Odyssey 2.

Sure, a ring makes more sense.  Separate compartments means that you have to
go through the hub to go from one compartment to another.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com