 Space / 7493
Re: Where's all that gravity coming from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:17:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
William R. Ward at hermit@bayview.com wrote:

<snip realistic stuff>

Comments?

Wow, that's very realistic-sounding. Good luck with that.

I think I'll stay in my comfy gravity-generator fantasy environment.

:^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

As far as my Fleet is concerned, they wear standard issue magnetic boots
(Okay, studnetic?) to walk the ship :oD

I like some of the ideas being explored here very much, but my favorite has
to be the use of a controlled black hole or super gravity drive system.  I
think that Star Trek has Romulans using this method (Quantum Singularity
Drive), though it is highly dangerous should containment break down.  Placed
in a central hull location or below all main decks, this would be THE
solution.  I seem to remember some Roswell alien technology theories my
crazier friends look into about a gravity projector drive similar to this,
I'll have to look it up.  Anywho, the drive has the ability to repel or
attract the craft to any object or affect objects near or inside the craft.
Like I said, I'll have to look into it.

Best to y'all.
Aaron
Commander, First Class, LEGO Space/Exploration Fleet (LSEF)