 Space / 7594
Re: Where's all that gravity coming from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 23:04:06 GMT

"Patrick Justison" <pat.justison@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
You offered a lot of great points. It is hard to get a functional cylinder
shape for minifig scal. You could kind of fudge it with the UFO saucer
pieces making a full circle and mounted sideways? The new click hinges are
great for octagons, too.

Check out my post just before this thread got started. I use both ideas (but
no octagons).

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=7442

To skip a step for anyone reading this, he's referring to the space
station he designed; a raytrace image can be seen at this URL:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PRJ/PJSP4/pjs434.jpg

Is that space station supposed to spin around, creating artificial
gravity?  I had always assumed that its "down" was the pointy part at
the bottom of the image.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx