 Robotics / 25540
  MDP Status

I hate waiting. I don't have much info about the status of the Mindstorms Developer Program, however I will say they are still in the final phases of selecting the "Lucky 100". Unfortunately, I doubt TLG will post a list of the people that were (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) What I am curious to know is how they are doing the selection process. The survey seemed to allow them to determine the demographic of each user that submitted, but it did not provide a way for us to provide details or "references" of sorts. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

"Steve Hassenplug" <steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote in message news:IuFDA3.2uH@lugnet.com... (...) I'm sure a "yay! I made it!" would be OK. So does Jake. We'll just have to see what the NDA states... -Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Steve, thanks a million for this post. I know I hate waiting as well for stuff like this but realize that they have thousands of applicants to review and its not easy. I'm sure LEGO has some goals for the MDP with respect to demographics and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) To answer several questions: I don't really know anything more. :) I suspect their selection process will not be as through as "America Idol". Either you answered the questions like they wanted, or not. But, I'm really guessing here. We did (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

"Steve Hassenplug" <steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote in message news:IuG0JL.1xIx@lugnet.com... (...) I must admit that I'm very disappointed to hear that such a list exist. Why should one group of people, who just so happens to be part of a (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) This morning, I had like 40 spam messages and I actually found myself skimming through them...ouch... -aps (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) It's totally possible, there's someone out there that builds much better robots than I do, and would have been a much better MUP than I am, but they've never posted anything on the internet. However, because I'm part of a particular newsgroup, (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) I wouldn't think of that list as people who "happen to be part of a particular newsgroup". You should see it as people recommended based on their potential to meet LEGO's goals for the MDP. Who (outside of LEGO) better understands these goals (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

"Steve Hassenplug" <steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote in message news:IuH5uw.1GI2@lugnet.com... (...) I would have made a list of the requirements of those who I wanted to be part of the project, then I would have cross-reference this list with the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Nothing more? But, your list still has 300 names on it. You can compare it to the lottery, but wouldn't it be better to compare it to applying for a job? (as a developer?) Steve (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

Allan, You seem to be assuming that LEGO tossed out the applicant list and pciked whomever they wanted. Why do you think that? I hate to say it, but it is obvious that reputation matters. Look at the original four MUPs. They have fantastic (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) And today, I got an email from LEGO Shop! But it was a normal advertisement...ahhhhhhh! :)! -aps (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Alexander, Keep breathing.... in through the nose, out through the mouth..... in through the nose, out through the mouth.... LOL! 18 days until the end of February... Keep up the excitement! Kev (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Thanks Kevin! Hey, worst case scenario, I wait till the Fall. I actually now feel better cause I have filtered any emails with the words LEGO or NXT in them! Btw, according to the original MDP page, it claimed that all MDP participants would (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Alexander, I nominate you as our official counter downer..... tomorrow will only be 17 days (two weeks+three days, that is 408 hours). Are you gonna burst?!?!?! Kev (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Kevin, you are absolute right! LEGO you have exactly the following time quantums (I listed several for convience) to deliver those MDP NXT sets! 17 days 415 hours 24901 minutes 1494113 seconds (URL) in, breath out, wax on, wax off... -aps (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IuHoup.229C@lugnet.com... (...) No, I'm not thinking that they've completely tossed out the list. But I am thinking that my, already very small chance, just got a whole lot smaller. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

"Steve Hassenplug" <steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote in message news:IuHnxL.1t03@lugnet.com... (...) Well, in that case you can call them in for a personal interview (in this case, e-mail them and ask for a more detailed explanation of their (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Guy working at Lego to the rest of the team: "We were scheduled to contact MDP people on the 13th to give us time to send those NXT kits out by parcel post, but after looking at the anticipation on lugnet, I was inspired to get us approved to (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) But do you deserve to be angry? Many companies hire people based on referrals from people they already employ. References & networking make the business world go 'round - not just MDP. In your example, the boss is taking less of a risk in (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) Actually, I doubt LUGNET is the only place LEGO looks for talent, or that it's the only place that Steve might have suggested folks from. It *is* where Steve spends a lot of on-line hours, but there are four other MUPs in the original group (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

"Nick Kappatos" <nkappatos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:IuHuFG.1B7r@lugnet.com... (...) No, I do not deserve to feel angry - and I'm not. I'm just a bit disappointed. What you say is quite true. In fact, I got my current job that way. Someone I (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:IuHuq6.1DMx@lugnet.com... (...) What you say is true. And I hope that you're right. And if you are, then I owe everyone here a big apology. However, that's not the impression that I got from (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) You realize that this probably means the 100 have already been selected. They probably can't talk because they are under NDA. -Benton (19 years ago, 11-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) I believe none have been selected at this time (especially considering Justin's post, thanks btw!). Moreover, I think some of the very informative MUPs or friendly local LEGO rep would say something like, "the MDP selection process is over." (...) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) This may or may not be true but I recall what the confirmation letter from Lego said when I registered: "In February you will be contacted by a representative from LEGO Shop At Home. At that time they will tell you whether you are eligible to (...) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status

(...) So when does everybody get back from vacation? 2 weeks before Golden Tickets are issued...oh man...how about the 13th and overnight delivery? Friendly reminder: 12 business days till end of Feb! :)! -aps (19 years ago, 12-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) How about some more details from the inside? I'm told the 100 have been chosen. If you have dial-up, don't check your e-mail. Stay off the phone. Or maybe you should check your e-mail. I don't know. Somehow, this week (or next week?) LEGO will (...) (19 years ago, 12-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) Two things Steve: 1) THANK YOU so much for updating everyone! That's mighty nice of you! 2) AHHH...HHH! :)! -aps (19 years ago, 12-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) Wait, I have one more: 3) Steve, do you know if people will be able to announce that they received a "golden ticket"? (cue song) -aps (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) This is my guess for the sequence for people (1) purchased their NXT (2) receive an NDA (3) receive their NXT So, during the time between 1 & 2, you may be able to say whatever you want, keeping in mind, if you're a real jerk, LEGO could (...) (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) Do we even know that people in the "beta test" will be required to sign NDAs? What benifit to LEGO would there be by having people sign NDAs? (much better to have everyone spreading the word and getting free word-of-mouth advertizing :) (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) One of the things they were looking for was people who would write significant NXT content - books, papers, articles and web sites, so I would guess not. Thomas (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) And since one of the areas they're looking for people to contribute is in blogging, it would truly be counterproductive. They might have some kind of agreement that allows people to talk but not to share internals or something like that--but (...) (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MDP Status - Update

(...) There is a very fine line from comprimising your product and restricting your developer program too much to be really useful. Also, with products that contain IP from multiple sources it can even be more hairy. Think about it: there is the (...) (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)