 Robotics / 25550
Re: MDP Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:39:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Allan Johansen wrote:

I must admit that I'm very disappointed to hear that such a list exist. Why
should one group of people, who just so happens to be part of a particular
newsgroup, have an advantage over people who are not members?

I wouldn't think of that list as people who "happen to be part of a particular
newsgroup".

You should see it as people recommended based on their potential to meet LEGO's
goals for the MDP.  Who (outside of LEGO) better understands these goals than
the MUPs?  I highly doubt that the MUPs are making any recommendations for
reasons other than who they think is right for the job.  LEGO has done right by
listening to the MUPs thus far.  They are crazy if they stop now.

I also doubt that a recommendation by the MUPs means someone is "automatically
in".  Its simply more information for LEGO to base a decision off of.