 Robotics / 25558
Re: MDP Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:56:49 GMT

Allan,

  You seem to be assuming that LEGO tossed out the applicant list and pciked
whomever they wanted.  Why do you think that?

  I hate to say it, but it is obvious that reputation matters.  Look at the
original four MUPs.  They have fantastic reputations (and justifiably so), and
LEGO chose them for that reason.  With big reputations comes the opportunity for
big impact.

  Lugnet is a known way to examine reputations, so is reading activity on
legofan.  If you have been having a big impact on the community outside of the
commonly used forums, how would LEGO know?

  I suspect that LEGO is wiser than you give them credit for, but at 1000 to
100, everyone only has a 1 in 10 chance anyway.  We don't know the actual count,
which may be more like 5,000.

  I'm sorry you're disappointed before LEGO has even announced the results.
Calling the process unfair before the results are in is probably not wise
though, as you may have just bumped yourself off the list.  Who knows?

Play well,
Kev

In lugnet.robotics, Allan Johansen wrote:

"Steve Hassenplug" <steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote in message