 Robotics / 25568
Re: MDP Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:57:16 GMT

Ok, how about this:
10 people are competing for 3 jobs. All ten people fill out a
questionnaire - without even knowing what the company is looking for.
However, when the time for hiring comes, they are told that there are now
only 2 places - the last place has already been taken by a friend of the
boss.Wouldn't you feel disappointed - perhaps even angry? Your chance of
getting a job just dropped from around 1/3 to 1/5.  - Allan

But do you deserve to be angry? Many companies hire people based on referrals
from people they already employ. References & networking make the business world
go 'round - not just MDP. In your example, the boss is taking less of a risk in
hiring a known quantity. You may be better qualified and be technically
superior, but maybe you're more likely to start trouble in the workplace.

Anger & disappointment are useless feelings to have in situations like these;
you should maybe focus your energy on differentiating yourself from the others
competing for the remaining open spots.

My $.02.