 Robotics / 25570
Re: MDP Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:28:23 GMT

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message
news:IuHuq6.1DMx@lugnet.com...

  Actually, I doubt LUGNET is the only place LEGO looks for talent, or
that
it's the only place that Steve might have suggested folks from. It *is*
where
Steve spends a lot of on-line hours, but there are four other MUPs in the
original group (and more in the "round two" MUP, right?).

  I've managed to tick off a lot of people with a very simple statement at
times: You should discriminate, but always discriminate on the grounds of
ability. If LEGO is equating "ability" with "number of posts on LUGNET",
then I
think you have a very valid point. But I seen no evidence for that. Heck,
take a
look at Jake's blog to see how many places he watches, and ask yourself if
LEGO
thinks that LUGNET is the sole planet in the Mindstorms universe.

--
Brian Davis

What you say is true. And I hope that you're right. And if you are, then I
owe everyone here a big apology.

However, that's not the impression that I got from reading Steve's post. The
impression I got, was that a lot of names had already been pre-selected for
closer scrutiny by TLG. And that there would probably only be a few slots
left for the "common man".

- Allan