Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:13:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well here is another design and I'll be working on a variant of this one
tonight.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop4d.gif

Well there are parts I like of this and parts I don't (as always).

First we loose one entire table with this design.  I would really like to
maximize our space as much as possible.

I agree that we should maximize our space as much as possible, but I'm not
sure that adding an extra table will do that.  If I add an extra table then
I have to put an extra hole in the middle of the layout.  The hole then
becomes constricting as to where you can put track, roads, and buildings.
That's part of the reason I left it out.  The other reason was that we
wouldn't have to build a new table or store it.

Second, as you point out, there is a lack of siding space in general.

I actually just found space for another 14 sections of siding, which brings
the max total to 102 sections.  I don't think we'll need more than 80 anyway
though, which I'm pretty close to if I count the 11 sections of track
between the loops.

Third,
<snip>

I do like the size of the 2 inner loops, I also like the location of my Main
street sections.

I was only able to get these loops by having a single hole in the layout.
Adding a second or making the first bigger, made connecting the two loops
very difficult.

The Main St has a special feature in it which I just realized.  The church
overlooks the gorge.  If we design that section correctly it could be a very
beautiful photo.

Well 3 bad 2 good that's pretty close to even.

I was thinking that we could pick the final design at the meeting in mid
September.

Well I don't think we need to make a definitive decision at the September
meeting.  I think we should probably make some basic decisions and maybe
choose a basic design but we should leave some things open for change for a
while.  I know with my design that there is still one road plate that has a
small part of a curved piece of track on it and I would like to think about
that more as well as a couple of other tweaks.

That was what I meant to say, but was to tired to think.  I just want pick
one of our designs and then focus on tweaking that one.

Jonathan