Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:01:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:

Again, while Jonathan's layout is different with the open space breaking the
loop I think the rectangle is better suited for shows (personal opinion).

As always other ideas are appretiated.

Well here is another design and I'll be working on a variant of this one
tonight.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop4d.gif

This design is more rectangular, but still isn't a large box.  Plus the
roads all connect.

Highlights:
- Tom's layout is virtually extact to the way he his it set up and has space
for his water tower.  I only changed one road plate on him.  (I figured I
owed him after the last show)

- Eric's Layout is now complete and has his train station at one end.  I've
also included two 16x32 plates to his main st incase he feels like
expanding.  With this new location, I was able to also spread out the town.

- I'm still working on the downtown section, but I think I'll put the burnt
building on D4, the warehouse on I2-J2, and the office building on D5.  This
should give us space for Tom's fire engines and create a nice city center.
I also like the look of having the back of the warehouse along the tracks.

- A new location for the amusement park allows an unobstructed view of the
rides from two sides.  It is now close enough for the kids to be able to see
with out having to have their parents lift them.

- I've included three full sized loops that flow easily from one to other,
giving us an array of routes for the trains to travel.  There is also a
balanced number of switches 6 right, 6 left (this is important sense they
come in pairs)

-I was also able to retain part of the railyard so we should have a place
for Shaun's intermodal crane and any train structures.  Hopefully it is intact.

Low light:
- The layout lacks a little in siding.  It will probably has enough sense we
can run more cars on the loops instead.  I can also extend the siding in row
9 into the amusement park (there was mention of a circus train).  Also the
variant on this design (not created yet) will hopefully increase the size of
the railyard.

I was thinking that we could pick the final design at the meeting in mid
September.

Jonathan