Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 00:28:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
Well now you have a choice of layouts.  I just created two more designs in
addition to the first:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop3.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop4.gif

Plus there are spec sheets for two of these layouts:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop.txt
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop4.txt

The first design works well with the existing MOCs and has some better
design features to it.  I moved the gorge to the side, added a large
railyard at the far end, and provided an area of industrial developement.  I
also increased the amount of siding from 53 section of track to 69 with
space for 11 more.

The second design is an attempt to think outside the box.  I wanted to try a
design that wasn't the normal rectangular layout. This design keeps the
design improvements of the first, but also adds needed space around Tom's
main st.  A major problem with this design though is the small third loop.

Well in this case I don't know if being outside the box helps.  That open
section on the outside just seems problematic to me.  We could rope it off but
I still don't know if I like it or not.  As for the small third loop I would
just do away with it in this design as it appears forced.

The third design was created aftering seeing Eric's design:
http://www.nelug.org/layout/3x6layoutsml.jpg

Eric uses one outer loop that goes around the layout and two inner loops
that only spaned half the layout.  Using this idea, I was able to increase
the size of the third loop by decreasing the size of the second one.

This design keeps the improvements of the first, but adds 15 more siding
track, more space for the amusement park to expand, and a continuous flow
pattern between the loops.  The loops are now designed to allow easy
switching from one loop to another.

There is however one major flaw in this design, I had to shrink Eric's main
St to 5 baseplates instead of 7.  I'm hoping that Eric's modular design will
make this change easy enough, but if not I can work something out.

Well that is a major flaw in that my main street isn't quite that modular.
Unfortunately I don't know if I have a combination of buildings that would add
up to an even 64 studs.  I really think my section of Main street should stay
in tact.  I havn't asked for much in the way of new space since our first or
second show (in fact I lost a little in the last layout) and we now have twice
the space so I think we can find a way to keep it intact and satisfy everyone
else's needs.

Let me know which you like better.

Well I think if I had to pick one it would be the first without the third loop
of track.  I think we can do better and we have plenty of time to get it right.
If anyone else wants to give it a try or make suggestions please do.

Eric Kingsley