Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:29:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Thomas Duggan writes:

I think it spreads everything out a bit more, so that one end isnt
overcrowded while the other is bare.
Plus It's a minimum of tile moving for me!

OK Here is my try number 3.

http://www.nelug.org/layout/3x6layout3.GIF

Here are the highlights.

1.  I have used a Model Railroading convention here.  The roads don't have to
connect on the layout, you just imagine that they connect somewhere off the
layout.  This gives us more room to use.

2.  There isn't a single half baseplate, we are back to all 32x32's

3.  The amusement park no longer has a road going through it.  I don't know if
the amusement park folks like this or not but it is bigger in overall acreage.
I call this area the "fair grounds".

4.  There are 2 sidings that I consider optional, or that could be shortened.
One of these is a very long spur that ends in the lower left.  The other is in
the "fair grounds".

5.  There is a fair amount of open space for additional MOC's.

6.  There are additional connections connecting the 3 loops, this adds
flexibility.

Some issues.

1.  Tom needs to make sure the tracks running behind his main street are not to
close and that clearance won't be a problem.

2.  This is a radical change in the size and openness of the "fair grounds" so
I don't know if people will like that or not.

Personally I think this is my best effort yet.  Please let me know what you
think.

Eric Kingsley