Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 00:18:07 GMT

I really hate responding to my own posts.  Makes me feel like I'm talking to
myself.  :-)

Well I think I fixed all the problems I had with my initial design in this
new revision:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop4b.gif

I just need Tom and Eric to approve the changes to their models.

Highlights in a Nutshell:
1. Multiple loop configurations:
-three circular loops or
-one circular, one figure eight or
-one very large loop containing two figure eights.
2. No S-curves using the three loop design.
3. Easy movement of trains from one loop to another
4. Large amounts of siding
-3loops = 83 sections of track (lengths: 25,23,12,..)
-2loops = 89 sections of track (lengths: 40,15,12,..)
-1loop  = 90 sections of track (lengths: 40,23,12,..)
-plus an addition 6 sections of undelevoped track space in the railyard.
5. Expanded Amusement park
-128x128 - minus a parking lot (verses 96x128 - minus a walkway)
-An unobstructed view from three sides
6. New location of the Gorge hopefully with a new damn
7. A new downtown
-12 32x32 undeveloped spaces
-A possible 96x96 block for a new main street MOC
-space for a train station platform in front of the Fire station
8. A new industrial zone
-open space for 3 32x32 buildings
-a large railyard with space for structures and equipment
-a 48x96 space for a container yard or other use
-(could build a lower table under the container yard to allow a container
ship to dock)
-Small mill town (Eric's Main St)
9. Expanded farm land with a 48x96 undelevoped space across the street zoned
for Light Residential or Light Commercial developement

Lowlights in a Nutshell
1. Eric's MOC
-demoted from downtown to a smaller mill town
-size change from 7 wide to 5 wide.
-location could be moved to downtown, but the MOC would have to use a 96x96
footprint with possible 32x96 development across one street (C2-E6)
2. Lighthouse
-location is less than ideal
3. Tom's MOC
-I believe the buildings in G2-I2 were supposed to be in E4-E6
-Moved buildings to free up a large 96x96 block for a new MOC (maybe mine)

Jonathan

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
Well now you have a choice of layouts.  I just created two more designs in
addition to the first:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop3.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop4.gif

Plus there are spec sheets for two of these layouts:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop.txt
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/Layout/GreenburgNov02/threeloop4.txt