Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:25:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Personally I think this is my best effort yet.  Please let me know what you
think.

I agree.  I like the openness and the fact that there is 112 sections of
siding track.  I don't think I can compete with that, but I'll try. :-)

The only real issue I have is that the third loop is a little small.  Will
we actually be able to run a train on it (besides the trolley)?

Granted it can't be a long train but we could have a small "branch line" train
running on it with 5-7 cars.  This loop actually isn't much shorter than the
inner loop of our first layout.

Another issue, which is probably just me, is that I don't like disconnected
roads.  That's probably just because I'm a town designer not a train designer.

I do understand people like to connect roads but like I said my version just
requires more imagination.  By doing it this way it makes it easier to add
sidings and it increases the amount of MOC space when done right.  I think I
included enough road to access the necessary points on the layout while leaving
extra space for MOC's.

I admit it takes getting used to so think about it and we can talk at a later
meeting.

Eric Kingsley