Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 05:59:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
<snip>
There are parts of both I like and parts of both that I think need work.  I
like the lowered section on the side in Jonathans where it is still on an end
in my version.  I think Jonathan's version lacks in siding capacity although I
do like the sidings near the edge of the layout.

My design in a little desceptive when it comes to siding.  I tend to spread
it around the layout so I don't have many long sidings.  I also make my loop
connections a little longer than normal so that I can park trains on them.

Now if you count all the sidings and loop connections, I have 69 sections of
track.  I still have less by 7 sections, but I can easily fill in the
railyard with another 11 sections.

One thing I am going to work on in my version is I want to connect the two
inner loops so that we can choose between 2 or 3 trains running at the same
time on the fly.  I just don't know if I can do that and keep my section of
Main Street where it is.

Don't forget that Tom has increased his Main St as well.  From what I
remember he's expand one baseplate to the left and right.

I also want to make sure I know how many tables we have.  I think its 15
currently.  10 I made, 2 Tom made, and 3 Chris made.

Tom built four.  We had two extra at the last show, which just leaves us one
to build.

Finally I think NELUG should start investing in some 16x32 baseplates.  NELUG
has plenty of cash and I would rather not rely on members bringing their own
especially when we will be requiring so many.  I will start pricing them out
and see what we can do.

Definitely a good idea.  I got a baseplate last time the was a 32x32 cut in
half instead of the 16x32 I brought.

Jonathan