Re: June 2 Meeting in Lansing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 15:52:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Rick Hallman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Trevor Pruden writes:
So that gives us:

d) field hospital <free>

I can *attempt* this. Keep ya updated.

k) fuel tanks and depot <free>

Would this basicly be just some fuel tanks and lots of boxes?

l) Repair and servicing ship hangar (for smaller ships) <free>

I will attempt this, scrap my buildings for GATS and just rebuild it after
contraption. Is it more commercial or more military? (I'm doin this cuz the
Iron Eagle needs a place hehehehe)

That's probably a good idea (scrapping GATS buildings for interim).  I say
this because if we're smart about it, some of our Contraption buildings
could be used for the GATS show.  My power building is 36x36 on a standard
blue baseplate, and hence scale wise is very small compared to Chris's
buildngs.  But still it could easily be used in the GATS layout.  If we were
to make the atmospheric processor, it would look like a larger cooling tower
and could be used as part of a power generating campus, which is something
the last GATS show in January probably didn't have.  :^)

Go ahead and structure the repair and service pay to fit your Iron Eagle,
Rick.  That means that most of our fighters will fit.  If you make the
hanger a full 36x36 baseplate and 3 stories high (5-6 bricks per story is
typically standard for acceptable minifig clearance), then we won't have a
problem.  The 3 story high medium freighters that I plan to bring can be
parked on the outside landing pads.

The fuel tanks would have to be larger.  They can be simple round buildings
with a flat top, like crude oil/petrolium storage reservoirs.  If this is a
problem due to pieces, Scott has a zepplin that we could use on it's side.
We'd just have to make a mounting base for it with a pump and hose
attachment at one end.

The depot would be more commercial than military.  I have about 8 brown
crates kicking around, but for the moment I just can't seem to find where I
put them.  Which is annoying me.  None the less, we could make this to be a
simple warehouse with a front order desk.  And this could be converted to a
"Fedex" or "UPS" depot for the GATS show!  :^D

Just some ideas.

~Trev