Re: GATS flier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:45:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'll send you the word doc. You can then put it on the site so it's
available in source form to others that want to use it for their clubs,
and further, you can open it up (since you have word) and save it as
html. Put THAT on the site for people that just want to see it.

I have an old copy of Word. I'm certain it won't save in PDF form (which is
prefered to HTML since more of the formatting is lost in HTML), but I'd bet a
newer version will. If you or Scott have something newer than the '97 version,
please check to see if it'll save or export to PDF.

While there may be versions newer than mine ( like office XP ) I have Word
2000 and mine does not save to PDF. Sorry. Just go with html for the people
that want to see it and can't be bothered to download it and open it, that's
good enough. 90% of the people that want this doc want it so they can edit
it for their own purposes and they are going to be using Word if judging by
past track records is any guide.

So I guess I'm asking you to export the finished product to PDF, if you are
able, or to HTML if you can't do PDF. In addition to the .doc, which I'll also
put on the site.

OK.

++Lar