Subject:
Update on my Shell Station - etc. from Scott
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 03:41:41 GMT

To All,

Well, I am working on getting the Shell Station done. I have most of the
tiles laid out (I need more!), I have the parking spots, and some islands
put down now. I have a sidewalk next to the car wash, put a siewalk down,
and have a phone for cars, and two vacuums also. I put in the front drieway
for the car wash, and I have a entrance drieway too, since the pump area is
mostly inaccessible right now until I figure it out. I am almost finished
with the pumps, I just need logo's and a few touches, I have the squiggee
holder in place, and trash cans and the barriers to prevent cars from
crashing into it. I have made up a sticker sheet I will be printing soon
filled with Shell logo's, no smoking signs, turn off engine, pump buttons,
huge Shell letters for the awning, Shell formula for the bottom of the
pumps, etc. I shored up the car wash (Thanks Jason) and got it pretty
stable, i corrected the fragile roof, and put some decorative stuff there
too. I built a light fixture (almost 2 stories)for the dark parts, and also
put some 2x4 curved trans-yellow bricks in for lighting under the canopy.

What I still need to do:
1) Finish back of car wash (exact routing, tiling, etc.)
2) Build Ice machine.
3) Finsih details of awning (Speakers for announcer inside, and color
coordinate lighting for awning (I have some plate packs in the Suburbam)
4) Plan and build diesel pumps.
5) Dumpster and shed
6) finsihing tiling everything
7) Putting roadplates around it, see what landscaping I need to do (Chris,
are we doing that sidewalk around it?)
8) Doing flowers somewhere that say Shell
9) Putting stickers on model
10) Furnish inside of Shop

I think I can get this done this weekend, and I will start the second Octan
Tank and the loading facilities. I might build a small Octan control
building as well. That should not be too hard.

Lynn is assisting me with bringing various items to the show. I do have a
question:
What vehicles do I need to bring? Everything? Some? I am not sure, right now
I am bringing a lot, but I wonder:

1) Fire vehicles?
2) Airplane / support vehicles?
3) Construction vehicles?
4) Police?
5) Planes, helicopters?

These are a few questions I have, I don't know for sure. I am bringing:

1) Monorail track
2) Train track
3) Trees, flowers, etc.
4) Minifigs
5) Plates (various - do we need gray roadplates?)
6) Custom sets

If you think of anything else, LMK! Do we need controllers, wires, etc? Is
that all set?

I am starting to think of the next GATS show already, so any thoughts would
be apprecaited. I will definately bring a MOC of something in trains, I
still need to look in detail at the links Larry gave me, and maybe get some
books, because I think we can have a real bang up display if we continue at
our level. That coal loading facility that someone posted was awesome!

Finally, on another related topic, Jason, I found a whole bunch of those go
carts at Big Lots down here for 1.99 each. Did you need anymore?

Scott "I'll be in bed in a minute, let me finish typing this, sweetie!" S.
--

5) vehicles