Re: Update on my Shell Station - etc. from Scott
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:45:24 GMT

Amy & All,

it seems to crash whenver I put AMy's scan of a SHell logo in

One more thought on this...

Rather than creating a word document to print the logo, can you just drag the
logo file to a printer icon or something? I'm not a PC person anymore, but I
seem to remember that when I had a windose-encumbered machine I had a shortcut
to my printer on my desktop, and I could just drag files there to be printed.

Oh, now you are showing dated items. I suppose I can do that, but since I am
using Word for the template, and the labels, it is a little harder.

Another thought would be to print from a graphics application rather than from
Word.

See above.

Either solution, if doable, would be easier than editing the file. If worse
comes to worse, you could convert it to JPG, which would compress better, but
red bleeds in JPGs.

Let me see.

Amy "it doesn't crash my Mac" Hughes

Oh, how I love Mac people sometimes. They must put something in the monitors
or something. In all of my experiences, between various jobs at various
firms, the only places I have seen Mac's are in school, and in homes. They
ar emore prevalent in the graphics design department I believe. While they
are decent products, and I have no trouble with the company, competition is
good, they are not a majority in most work settings. What is it, about 90 /
10? So the majority of the time, I look at the PC perspective.

Scott "The only time my computer crashes is when I deal with stuff from
Mac's" ; )

(serious tounge in cheek, here folks, chill out!)