Re: Update on my Shell Station - etc. from Scott
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:06:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
To All,

Well, I am working on getting the Shell Station done. I have most of the
tiles laid out (I need more!), I have the parking spots, and some islands
put down now. I have a sidewalk next to the car wash, put a siewalk down,
and have a phone for cars, and two vacuums also. I put in the front drieway
for the car wash, and I have a entrance drieway too, since the pump area is
mostly inaccessible right now until I figure it out. I am almost finished
with the pumps, I just need logo's and a few touches, I have the squiggee
holder in place, and trash cans and the barriers to prevent cars from
crashing into it. I have made up a sticker sheet I will be printing soon
filled with Shell logo's, no smoking signs, turn off engine, pump buttons,
huge Shell letters for the awning, Shell formula for the bottom of the
pumps, etc. I shored up the car wash (Thanks Jason) and got it pretty
stable, i corrected the fragile roof, and put some decorative stuff there
too. I built a light fixture (almost 2 stories)for the dark parts, and also
put some 2x4 curved trans-yellow bricks in for lighting under the canopy.

<snip> Your welcome, although everything I mentioned, I'm sure you would have
come up with on your own, once you decided to address the issue of stability in
that structure. Sounds like it is coming along, and should be very interesting.

I am starting to think of the next GATS show already, so any thoughts would
be apprecaited. I will definately bring a MOC of something in trains, I
still need to look in detail at the links Larry gave me, and maybe get some
books, because I think we can have a real bang up display if we continue at
our level. That coal loading facility that someone posted was awesome!

Fantastic Structure.  I only wish there was more pictures so I could see more
of the details, it seems there is something going on inside but I am not sure
what.

Finally, on another related topic, Jason, I found a whole bunch of those go
carts at Big Lots down here for 1.99 each. Did you need anymore?

Yes, I do need more.  Are we sure it's this GoKart:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6498   or 6436

I will be down there later today, so which Big Lots are you talking about?  The
one on 33?  I assume you don't meen Tuesday Morning.  I can just get them
myself, assuming I know where the store is.  Thanks for letting me know.

Scott "I'll be in bed in a minute, let me finish typing this, sweetie!" S.
--

-Jason