Re: Update on my Shell Station - etc. from Scott
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:23:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
Yes. When you finish it, email me a copy. It'd be useful to more
people as a PDF, though.

I'd go with *less* rather than more... PDFs are great for printing
things off but you need a less commmon and quite expensive program to
actually edit them

By "useful to more people" I meant for viewing. If the purpose of putting it • on
the website is for archival purposes so anyone has access to the source, then
sure - use whatever format you'll edit it in. But if you want people to view • it
and make comments, PDF is easier and univerally available to anyone who can • get
it from the web site.

word is proprietary but it's everywhere.

Even I have it. Sigh.

Amy

If you use the PDF reader to view the file, can't you print it to a file which
will be postScript. You may be able to get that into other editors this way but
you would not be able to get it back to pdf.

Lester