Re: Update on my Shell Station - etc. from Scott
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:03:42 GMT

Larry & All,

sounds like this is a heck of a project. It may be a world record for the
largest LEGO Shell station???

It might be, it stands at 6 large gray baseplates! It is one of my most
ambitious LEGO projects I have ever attempted, and it eats money like a
black hole!

Here is a link to it, it is a little outdated now, but not that much, it
also wraps, so cut and paste:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/Creations/Shell-Station/shell-station-index.htm

Or go to the Creations page, which needs major updating, here is that:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/creations.html

have made up a sticker sheet I will be printing soon
filled with Shell logo's, no smoking signs, turn off engine, pump buttons,
huge Shell letters for the awning, Shell formula for the bottom of the
pumps, etc.

This sounds like a nifty sheet, if you can print good quality color I would
be very interested in buying a copy or two of this from you.

You don't need to buy it, Larry, I can run you off a few copies. I basically
took Word, I bought some Avery 8660 clear address labels, and they seem to
work really well. The printer I have here at work is excellent, a HP DeskJet
1120C. Here is a link for what I have, it seems to crash whenver I put AMy's
scan of a SHell logo in for some reason, I don't know why, I might have to
go to another sheet, it has some memory problems!

One thing I forgot to talk about is: who is going to produce and bring the
handout sheets? We don't have any major editing needed I don't think, the
January one was fine (unless someone has issues if so bring them up)

Err, that's correct. I will get those printed out, and do an update. Do I
have that document here? Doubtful! Does anyone have it that can e-mail it to
me, so I don't have to find it at home? ; )

Since I'm going to Brickfest (my travels go home-Client-DC-Client-home) I
will have logistical challenges with being the person who produces the
actual handouts unless I wait till Thursday or early Friday of the show to
do it.

I can do it, no problem there.

What do people think? (we HAVE to hand out the handouts, they are a big win,
IMHO)...

We need them, and will bring it, and we have a website this time! : )

Scott S.