Re: GATS Show - 2.5 weeks - I NEED A GREEN PLATE COUNT.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 04:01:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears writes:

One of those will
have my Dairy Queen on it, but unless the building bug bites me before then, I
will have the other 11 unused, abiet with some sort of defining sticker on the
bottom.

Well, the building bug bit me and I just completed a Skyline Chili. I think
I nailed the windows and other details pretty close. It fits on a single 32
x 32 plate, barely.

(see the facade in this page)
http://www.skylinechili.com/main.htm

I have some rough pics but nothing really good yet. This is a build I have
been planning for a long time and there is a good chance it will be an MTW
set, we'll see how the crowd likes it.

The roof comes off, and it splits open as well to see the interior detail.
I'm glad I was able to concentrate on building one building instead of
having to build several... am very pleased with how it came out.

++Lar