 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13399
Re: My first fully functioning GBC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:27:15 GMT

need to be on a relatively smooth floor or discrepancies
on the surface of the floor will transfer through the
material.

   The material that I'm thinking of is rather stiff, but still rolls up (not
folds). Small irregularities aren't a big problem (besides, how flat is the wood
in the first place? Even before water damage). Look at:

http://www.parklandplastics.com/

specificly the plas-tex paneling, which is sold around here for about $13 US a
sheet (4x8) at Lowes or Menards. They even have it in a nice flat grey, but I've
yet to find it at a local retailer (it's a special order).

cannot be on tables

   The Plas-tex could, if you push enough tables together (and they're the same
type of table of course). A small (cm-sized) gap should be no problem.

we find ourselves with a competiton
in 8 days and a not-so-good arena...

Perfectly in line with rtlT in general :)

   To that, I have no answer.

--
Brian Davis