 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13369
Re: My first fully functioning GBC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 03:06:09 GMT

   If y’all are closer than Grand Rapids, I might consider it--6+ hours in the mighty dodge isn’t my idea of a good time, though.

I certainly understand that - heck, I only live about 2.5 hours from Steve, and while I’ve discussed the GBC with him and other extensively, I’ve yet to actually make it to an assembly. Four modules completed, including a forklift (reads barcodes, rather flexible, but almost too slow for the nominal 1 bps rate), a splitter (that can also do L/R turns, or with a little modification turn the entire stream 180°), a module that allows kids to modify the ball stream (my sons favorite), and a simple rotating lift, all within spec. And as yet, untested in a full-up GBC :-(.

The reason I ask is that we’d like to have a nice GBC running at the House of Bricks event in Chicago http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=1518, and I’ve been put in charge of running the GBC/Mindstorms component. So, a call to any GBC builders willing to visit Chicago in May: want to help us make a really wonderful GBC?

-- Brian Davis