 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13349
Re: My first fully functioning GBC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:19:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
How does it do when there are no balls in the input bin?  And, how fast does it
run?
(balls per second?)

I'm not good with math, but the motor has an 8 tooth, and that goes to a 40
tooth--the pump is connected to the 40 tooth, and the motor's on full.

So the motor RPM divided by 5 for balls / minute (if I figured it out correctly)

It's at least 1 a second.  I will time it when I get home tonite.

I think motors run around 360 rpm or 6 rps / 5 = 1.2 rps = 1.2 bps

Timed it--about 70 balls a minute, which is close to the math above...

Also worked on the bin--doesn't get jammmed up nearly as frequently--works with
40-50 balls in the bin or 15 and under--sometimes, infrequently mind you, gets
jammed with numbers inbetween.

I'm looking at ways to improve it, but works mostly for now.

Beyond that, thinkingabout my next one--inspired by Steve this time...

We shall see what transpires...

Dave K