 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13383
Re: My first fully functioning GBC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:51:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:

I'd rather have the big one, though.

   Why do you use a fixed field? For playing with kids, I used 4 6' long 1x4's
with swing hasps (you know, the latches that close with a pin or padlock) at the
ends to form an enclosure by pinning the four ends together in a square. Then
use something like plastex panalling to form a uniform color floor. Takes
electrical tape well (but removes cleanly), easy to cut, rolls up when you're
done.

Right, that's about what we have, 4 8 foot long 1x8's, and two 4x8's.  We can
disassemble it etc, so it's not fixed.  But as to why ply versus other
materials, it's what we started with and what was easily available at the time.

Calum