 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13346
Re: My first fully functioning GBC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:14:03 GMT

On Tue, February 15, 2005 4:00 pm, David Koudys said:
Well.

Sure there's a competition in what, a week and a half...

But I got my first fully functioning GBC!!!

http://sparky.i989.net/mmisc4.htm

Very nice.

Besides the hopper sporadically jamming if it's full of LEGO soccer balls, the
whole thing works well.

This type of jamming is very common, and sometimes very hard to resolve.  I assume
it will work fine, if balls come in one-at-a-time.  So, if it is placed after a
module like this one, that doesn't dump out batches, it should be fine, right?

How does it do when there are no balls in the input bin?  And, how fast does it run?
(balls per second?)

I also designed my GBC so it can point in any direction at all along the
layout--straight, left, or right turns--got ya covered!

This is one of the really cool things.  It CAN conform to the standard, or it can be
configured to do other stuff...  (turn, play with itself...)

nice job...

Steve