 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13345
13344  |  13346
Subject:
My first fully functioning GBC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:00:42 GMT

Well.

Sure there's a competition in what, a week and a half...

But I got my first fully functioning GBC!!!

http://sparky.i989.net/mmisc4.htm

Inspired directly by Rob (since he was inspired by one of my earlier ideas for a
stacking robot--tit for tat I say... oops, am I on my way to winning an 8880?),
I built a 'Steve's Balls Pump'.

Besides the hopper sporadically jamming if it's full of LEGO soccer balls, the
whole thing works well.

Yes the top is reversable to drop the soccer balls into the next hopper, but
this way I can see if my 'Steve's Balls Pump' works continuously for long
periods of time.

I tried to put many many windows in my GBC 'cause when we were looking at Robs
the one time, we all wanted to see how it worked, and we took it apart and
basically screwed the whole thing up.  So mine got windows.

I also designed my GBC so it can point in any direction at all along the
layout--straight, left, or right turns--got ya covered!

So that's 1.  I'm going to build at least 3 more so I can have a little square
GBC at my house.

Dave K