 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11772
Re: .rtlToronto Stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:09:06 GMT

Can you set the stats to include how many "on-topic" posts there where as
opposed to "way way off-topic" ?
Cheers
Oliver
Play Well
Is there a dinner before Brickfest?

"Ivan Louch" <ivn@idirect.ca> wrote in message
I was looking at one of those annual top poster statistics the other day • and
thought - wouldn't it be just too cool to have something like that for our
not-so-humble RTL? Well, being the stats junkie that I am, I rolled up my
sleeves and got to work gathering data. Please don't ask about the nasty • details
of converting nearly twelve thousand posts into an Access database, but • let me
just say that I hope to never have to use Ctrl+C or Crtl+V combo this much • ever
again! :-p

But enough of this! I bring you the Fun Facts of .rtlToronto in Numbers!

Sample size: 11963 posts, from 2000-10-05 to 2004-07-29
A total of 296 unique posters have contributed through out the years

Top 50 Posters:
1882 Calum Tsang
1446 Chris Magno
1344 David Koudys
1336 Iain Hendry
813 Benjamin Medinets
656 Derek Raycraft
441 Jeff Van Winden
296 Jeff Elliott
295 Steve Hassenplug
276 Larry Pieniazek
251 Richard Noeckel
229 Rob Stehlik
157 Bruce Sheridan
133 Matthias Jetleb
129 Trevyn Watson
107 Ross Crawford
85 Allan Bedford
84 Ivan Louch
84 Tim Strutt
80 Kevin L. Clague
79 Ralph Hempel
72 John Guerquin
68 Ka-On Lee
67 Oliver Giesen
56 Greg Hyland
56 Vineet Honkan
55 Angelo Castellano
52 Rob Antonishen
51 Michael Purvis
47 Dan Boger
47 Martin Legault
44 Mario DeFacendis
41 Wayne Young
40 Jude Beaudin
37 Dave Astolfo
31 Gerard Steenbeek
28 Tobbe Arnesson
25 John Gerlach
22 Eric DeGiuli
22 Brian Davis
21 David Laswell
19 Michael Shiels
19 Steve Moldovanu
19 Tim Courtney
18 David Schilling
18 Chris Leach
17 Eric Sophie
16 Dan O'Connell
16 Phil Schilling
15 James Powell

Most Posts in a Month, Top 10:
146 2003-07 David Koudys
112 2003-07 Calum Tsang
88 2003-06 David Koudys
84 2003-08 David Koudys
83 2004-01 Chris Magno
81 2003-08 Chris Magno
79 2001-06 Calum Tsang
76 2003-09 Chris Magno
72 2003-12 Chris Magno
72 2003-07 Chris Magno

Top 5 Busiest Months:
635 2003-07
570 2003-08
510 2003-09
441 2001-06
436 2004-01

Most Posts in a Single Day, Top 10:
24 2003-07-14 David Koudys
18 2002-06-18 Calum Tsang
18 2003-07-14 Calum Tsang
14 2003-07-14 Derek Raycraft
13 2003-08-26 Vineet Honkan
13 2003-09-15 Calum Tsang
13 2003-07-23 Chris Magno
13 2003-07-07 David Koudys
12 2002-06-18 Benjamin Medinets
12 2004-01-05 Calum Tsang

Top 5 Busiest Days:
87 2003-08-26
82 2003-07-14
59 2003-04-04
59 2003-08-20
57 2004-01-05

And what kind of a statistic analysis would this have been with out a cool • line
graph:
http://www.nation01.net/misc/tempupload/PostsPerMonth.png
"RTL" refers to posts by people from the "Core Group". Following suite I
copy-pasted the names off the main page, so if you weren't included please
direct all the flame-mail to Calum ;)

Interesting observations with the graph:
** Neither "Project X" nor "Deep Yellow" post counts come even close to • the
totals during "Raiders of the Lost Part". Rather odd, isn't it?
** We're currently in an all time low post count - lowest since early • 2001.
** Despite this, we're seeing more and more posts by "non-RTL" folks - • this
leads me to conclude that rtlToronto is just a cool place to hang out :-D

In case someone else feels the urge to play around with the numbers, I'll • upload
the database once I get home later on today.

Ivan
- No one reads these anymore.