 Off-Topic / Geek / 1448
Re: so-called "deep-linking" ruled okay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 02:35:11 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote:
Why do you write that it may be impolite to link directly to
a page?

Well, if you link directly to things deep within a site, you're not really
respecting the user experience the site designer had in mind. That may or
may not be impolite. (In fact, I'd argue that on a well designed site, it
probably isn't.)

What would you say about this:

<http://www.mindling.com/sebnet/jumppage/>

?