 Off-Topic / Fun / 8477
Re: we want....a shrubbery! one that looks nice... and not too expensive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 00:39:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kevin Wilson writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:
Although I am not a huge "prefab" LEGO tree fan (I prefer to fab my • own:-) )

Let me guess... you don't think LEGO's trees are... um... *wide* enough???

LOL! In this case, of course, he's right

Even a stopped clock is right once every 12 hours (24 if it's a military
clock... what that implies I am not going to get into).

You are correct in that statement, Lar...I guess even a blind squirrel finds a
nut every now and then...>;^D

Well ya. These trees are kind of like "bonsai for minifigs".

What bugs me about them is that they aren't random enough.  I think it's
important in a LEGO diarama to break up the strict geometry of the bricks as
much as possible.  Differing elevations helps, but random, home-baked trees work
even better.  But I digress by straying *on-topic*;-)

-John