 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3702
Re: we want....a shrubbery! one that looks nice... and not too expensive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:37:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:
Cypress trees: 5 for $4.99
Round (fruit) trees : 10 for $5.99
Bushes: 25 for $6.99
Sand Red roof tiles (2x2): 100 for $7.99
1x2 plates with one stud (part #3794): 80 for $4.99 (20 each in gray, dark
gray, black, and white)

I always liked the Cypress Trees, but in my youth never devoted the money
to the bulk pack that supplied one -since it was only one tree, and I was a
child with no job.  I think now is the time to pick up a few.  Great offer!

"Bushes"?  Do you mean the mini/small-evergreen things (what I myself call
shrubberies in my town)?  Or are these those green prickly looking things
that were popular in the Wild West sets?

I love those 1X2 1 stud plates.  I was just digging through my boxes last
night looking for several of those for my hopeful submission to the BT1
Space Contest.  I have a question by what you indicate is a part number
("3794").  Is that an official TLC part number?  Do all parts have a unique
number?  Maybe I missed this, as I don't frequent Brickbay or use LDraw, but
it would make sense if we all were aware of any such thing, since it might
make refering to certain parts a bit more uniform...  Rambling again...

Finally, and this is slightly off-topic, where geographically is LEGO
Direct?  Are the offices based in or near Enfield, CT?  Or is LD based in
Billund with the HQ of TLC?  I guess I'm short on knowledge on what LD
actually is -a subsidiary of TLC?  Just a division of TLC?

In any event, if you are located in northern CT or in MA, I'd be pleased to
learn about employment options.  Two reasons for this:  1) Who wouldn't want
to work where the VP quotes Monty Python?  and  2) I need a new job if I am
to afford buying all the great bulk sets you keep offering!

<grin>

...I'm working on my resume now...

-Hendo