 Off-Topic / Fun / 758
Re: SEV2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:28:12 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:25:11 GMT, Karim <knassar@mindspring.com>
wrote:
Sproaticus wrote:
[...] like "5 Imperial Star Destroyers vs. 12 Earthforce Omega-Class
Destroyers" [...]
You forgot the classic: "the Deathstar vs. the Enterprise!"
Deathstar. Duh. maybe a couple hundred enterprise's would be able to
kill the Deathstar... of course, if this were to happen in an episode
of Star-Trek, the Enterprise would find a way. It's already happened
in fact, only they changed the sphere to protect copyright
interests... to a cube.

Is this where I confess I was trolling for sci-fi fanatics?

Seriously, I think the best answer to that is that it's a silly thought
exercise, and that there is no answer.  An ever better answer is that it's
up to the scriptwriters, who do what the producers tell them to, who are, as
you have touched upon, at the mercy of the corporate lawyers.  The question
is really perfect and complete, in a mystical zen sort of way.

What's Earthforce?

Zoiks!  Someone neglected all five seasons of Babylon 5 in favor of Star
Trek!  (1)

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  I admit it -- I'm a sci-fi fanatic!  :-P

--
If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawnmower.

Jeremy H. Sproat - jsproat@geocities.com