 CAD / 768
Re: SEV2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 19:52:35 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
Bram Lambrecht writes:
I've been setting up a scene with two of the fighters flying along a
canyon (that opens out onto a plain where the sev2 is)  (yeah yeah I • know
it's cliche).

Cliche doesn't matter. Just want to see some new pix.

No animation yet (I have to write some code to interpolate

smoothly between a bunch of control points) but it looks pretty cool,
I'll >post some images when I get a chance.  It might be worth doing a
fully
rendered story board.

Wow.

-Tom McD.

Sorry to tease you both like this it is really terrible of me.  I got stuck
into reading up on NURBS curves in my old graphics textbooks last night and
didn't touch the computer all night.

At this point I still don't have a full story board drawn, but I've got a
whole lot of ideas buzzing around in my head.  Getting them down on paper
will clarify the plan.  For the first attempt I'd like to keep it simple,
one SEV2 two small fighters.  I like the idea of the contrast between the
small, lightly armed but very fast fighters vs. a single lumbering but very
heavily armed SEV2.   The idea of two huge ships sitting there plugging away
at each other doesn't have any panache.  I picture the fighters screaming
overhead on strafing runs, the SEV's ant- aircraft guns pump away at them as
it crawls across a wide open plain desperately trying to make it to cover.

Tim