 Off-Topic / Fun / 1515
Re: Lar's hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 20:23:35 GMT

Hey Mike-

If my posting offends you, well EXCUUUUSE ME!  Sorry, I couldn't resist:-).  But
seriously,  I'm just having fun, which is for what I thought this group was
intended.  Sounds like people's idea of fun is pretty diverse (duh), so rather
than folks having hard feelings, I would be in favor of some sort of change
where geeks can talk shop, etc and humorists (challenged and not) can blather on
without fear of alienating folks such as Mike and Jesse.  How about .hahafunny,
and .weirdfunny [1]?  *And* .spam for Tommie Mac;-)

[1] Geek humor;-)

John

Mike Stanley wrote:

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:
Well, maybe you're right, but there's is something worse than downloading a
bunch of puns... downloading complaints about them;-)  Anyway, Jesse, you
should do what I did-- get a DSL line and the point becomes mute [1].  Well,
gotta go down and read the Sports Section and read about the big game- the
Chortles played the Hucklers last night in what turned out to be a laugher.

We can't get ADSL here, btw, but that isn't the point.  I read news

here in Minnesoda we call it DSL:-)

primarily on my Linux box at work, so I get the benefit of our 6 T1s
and our new DS3 (about 54mb total, not counting our pipe to I2 and
other national labs), so speed isn't the issue.

uh, apparently not

It's seeing a group that used to house discussions of geeky stuff,
t-shirt stuff, basically ANYthing that was off-topic and not
argumentative, so lots and lots of topics, degenerate into a group
that, for the most part, has huge threads of nothing but puns, and a
couple of other threads that die quickly because the people who used
to read the group are probably sick of the puns so don't bother to
read it anymore, while the punsters are all too busy stroking themselves and
each other about bathroom humor.

*not* going there.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide