 Administrative / General / 1502
Re: .off-topic groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:35:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
[...]
Nahhh, just 'cause there's a .pun group, doesn't mean that puns prohibited
elsewhere any more than a .build group prohibits building discussions
elsewhere...  They're just centralized encouragement spots.
[...]
The idea (as I see it) behind a .off-topic.pun group isn't so much to funnel
away or divert puns from other groups, but to give a place for spurious and
devilishly silly you-have-been-punned posts.

Oops, forgot to give an obligatory reference to an earlier post:

http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.off-topic.fun:1470

--Todd