 Administrative / General / 1489
Re: Lar's hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:48:36 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

   lugnet.off-topic.fun.puns

I like this name of the choices. Not everything that is in off-topic.fun
is necessarily funny. It's the intent that matters, people posting there
are TRYING to be funny. Some of us are just better at it than others. So
puns belong with fun.

If Mike doesn't like them, why, then, let's all gang up to mail him
copies of each pun, every last one, that'll be fun.

In the same spirit of a new puns group and alt.flame.spelling, one other
thing I always thought would be fun here is a "quote of the day" group.

I used to not think all that much of QOTDs but now that I'm on a list,
I'm really starting to appreciate them. If we must propagate a bazillion
groups, I'm for this one too, I guess.

BTW, if you want to be on it, go here: http://quotes-r-us.org/ It's run
by a LegoManiac, and the quotes are pretty funny. Somewhat collegiate,
but hey, I was young once too.

Some examples for here -- not perfect matches with the idea behind the
group, but close enough for government work:

Why this is being discussed in MY thread, and why two of these examples
are mine? I'm just an instigator, I guess.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.