 Administrative / General / 1507
Re: .off-topic groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:49:56 GMT

Ed Jones <edboxer@aol.com> wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Todd Lehman writes:

I suppose I'd be pretty content with anything ranking at a 3 or higher.
What d'y'all think?

I don't think we need a pun group.  I don't think, but I could be wrong,
that the original requestors were serious.  Puns are going to occur all over

You're wrong.  I was serious.

However, to your dissertation (that I snipped), I'd agree with:

off-topic.geek - computers, programming, font discussions, etc. needs its own
group - especially with the number of programmers, web designers, etc. on
LUGNET (not to mention that it bores us non-geeks to tears :') (my other half
is a geek).

Definitely a go.

off-topic.quotes - in fact I saw an incredible T-shirt today - "Hang out with
Jesus, he hung out for you" (several ways to look at this - bad taste,
hysterical, really week religious advertising, etc.)

Works for me.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide