 Off-Topic / Fun / 1513
Re: Lar's hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 16:52:41 GMT

Jesse R. Long <JessLong@concentric.net> wrote:
But it would be nice not to have to download 70 messages to see that 50 of
them are a pun-fest.  I don't mind an occasional pun but if you want to make
it a national sport go to the .pun group (if we ever make one).

This was my main problem when I started ranting about the puns.  I
used to read every message posted to this group.  I'd see an
occasional pun or three, but that was it.

Now, no matter what the subject line, chances are, if I don't read the
group for a few days, and I see 8 or 10 messages in a thread, it's all
puns.

So people can laugh and joke and say there isn't enough demand for a
.pun group all they way, but what seems to have happened is that .fun
has BECOME .pun, which makes it pretty pointless for people to read.

I can remember a time when a posting on ANY subject would gather a
reply or two within hours in this group.  I tested that out yesterday
- nothing.  There may be no way to know for sure if people have
stopped reading this group because they got sick of thinking they were
following a discussion only to find 10 or 12 stupid puns strung
together, but since I'm almost to that point, I kinda think there
might be others.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide