 Off-Topic / Fun / 10013
Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:52:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:

What I was most taken with about NWN is how rich the adventure building
(Aurora) toolset is and how many high quality adventures have been built
with it already.

What parts do you see it lacking (making it a simulation of an RPG?)

In general though I agree with you, games are what you make of them...

Actually, I love NWN, and I agree that the character development is very
exciting to play.  I go the extra step and actually develop a character
history and try to role-play it (e.g. my Half-Orc Monk grew up being
discriminated against, so now he fights to stop discrimination everywhere,
even if that means I don't complete certain side-quests and miss out on XP
that my friends get).  Because it is based on D&D 3ed, it is arguably one of
the best attempts to bring role-playing to a PC game.  ...However, it falls
short of allowing the true social interaction that I think of for an RPG.
It is *very* close though, and perhaps close enough that distintion is not
important.

-H.